- wanderingtophat likes this
- goldenzaftig likes this
- browncatproductions reblogged this from transientfashion
- browncatproductions likes this
- banillia likes this
- elizapaige21 likes this
- sevenimprobablethingsbeforetea likes this
- zahnbuerste likes this
- hardchoral likes this
- cthulhueatingnoodles likes this
- b-c-widow likes this
- eunnui likes this
- transientfashion reblogged this from tenderbuttons
- scalable reblogged this from daisystar
- gaymergirls likes this
- lucillethebarnowl reblogged this from eyre
- genuwinery likes this
- minasgritonas reblogged this from tenderbuttons
- santasviolettas likes this
- full-catastrophe-of-living likes this
- radii-amoris reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- uglybrunette likes this
- ashleetof likes this
- bodyasatemple reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- misswendybird likes this
- caroban reblogged this from luminous-lu
- kikialee likes this
- mayra0122 likes this
- a-calendar-girl reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- sophiamyth likes this
- monsoonasia reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- bohemiennex likes this
- artnut reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- dearmerika likes this
- ijustloveverycutekids likes this
- randomthoughtsnwords likes this
- junomarella reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- mauree reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- silverseamoons reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- batheyourheels likes this
- nolabird reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- flightofthedoves reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- igotssomethingtosay reblogged this from tenderbuttons
- spirit-ofturpentine reblogged this from stomachlottery
- littlepenny-lane likes this
- sn00tyusher reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex and added:
- afternoonswithava likes this
- creativemuggle likes this
- forsanityandfun reblogged this from audreyhepburncomplex
- indiscriminatepalate reblogged this from tothethrone
if they weren’t on time out, i’d bake em’ spoonforkbacon’s gorgeous cake..
Rose Water Infused Glitter Cake
Makes 1 9 inch cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) good quality unsalted butter, softened
1 ¾ cups plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ cups buttermilk
3 tablespoon rose water, divided (you can substitute this for an orange oil or any other
flavored oils of your choice)
approx. 1cup simple syrup
basic buttercream frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
7 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
lots of gold luster dust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes.
4. With the motor running add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
5. Add the dry mixture and milk to the butter mixture, alternating in thirds, until all of the dry ingredients and milk have been incorporated. Stir in 1 tablespoon of rose water.
6. Divide the batter between two greased and parchment lined 9 inch cake pans and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of each round.
7. While the cakes bake, make the frosting: In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the butter. With the motor running, add the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until all of the sugar has been incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla into the mixture and beat until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
8. Allow the cakes to cool completely, about 45 minutes. Remove cakes from the pans and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
9. Once the cakes have chilled, slice each in half so there are a total of four cake layers.
10. In a small bowl stir the remaining rose water into the simple syrup.
11. To assemble: Place a single cake round onto a cake turner (or clean surface) and brush the top with some of the rose water syrup. Add a thin layer of frosting over the syrup and top with another layer of cake.
12. Repeat step 11 until all of the layers have been used. Coat the cake in a thin layer of frosting to create a crumb coat and allow the cake to chill for 30 minutes.
13. Decorate cake with the remaining frosting and begin to dust cake with gold luster dust. (I find the easiest way to completely coat the cake in luster dust is to dab some onto a pastry brush, pull the bristles back with my fingers and flick it towards the cake)
14. Roll raspberries in luster dust until well coated and arrange on top of the cake. Serve.